How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35578
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Hi there. Ive been experiencing pain for the past

This answer was rated:

Hi there. I've been experiencing genital pain for the past month or so and it has been on and off. It started off really bad, then backed off after a week. I visited the GP and have had a urine test for bacteria and also two STD tests which have all come back negative. I have only had sex once and that was two years ago.

My semen discharge has also been stinging my skin which is very strange to me.
Any idea what's going on and where is my next port of call?

Hi--can you tell me more about the genital pain? Which STD's were tested for and has your semen changed in consistency or color?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The pain is an annoying stinging pain almost but not quite a burning sensation towards the top of my penis which comes and goes. At the moment it is very mild and is worrying me more than it is painful. In addition I know for sure it is my urethra that is hurting and not the skin on the outside.


The STDs I was tested for were Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea and I would like to add that I had protected sex 2 years ago.


As far as I know, there has been no change in consistency or color, my Genitals are operating normally.

OK Mike. This sounds like your prostate gland and not an STD. Your doctor needs to actually examine the gland with his finger and then you need another urinalysis and urine culture. Commonly these infections are from E coli and I would give you a course of Septra DS for two weeks regardless of the lab results to clear this up
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is a good start for me thanks. I just wanted more information on the infection from the E coli, how and why can these occur?


Also, do I take this information to a GP or request to go see an urology specialist?


And finally, am I in any health danger and has this damaged my future to start a family?


These infections, just like bladder infections in women, just sometimes happen and it doesn't mean there' anything wrong with the plumbing. E. coli is a common inhabitant of the colon but sometimes it can get into the prostate. No health danger here and no problem with starting a family. For now, you don't need to see a urologist about this
Dr. Chip and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you