How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4824
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

Hi - I have a small red blotch or rash on my under the

Customer Question

Hi - I have a small red blotch or rash on my penis under the foreskin. It is not itchy or causing me any pain at all. The rash only appears in the morning when I wake up then gradually disappears throughout the day which is odd. However, it keeps returning frequently, some days the blotch appears darker than others. I am not having un protected sex with anyone other than my girlfriend. I wondered if it might be a reaction to alcohol or certain foods? I have had it about 2 months now and am getting concerned it could be something that needs attention .. Jim
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Patches like this may be from balanitis, an infection and inflammation under the foreskin. It is treated with a combination of clotrimazole cream (which is effective for yeast) and neosporin cream. You should apply both twice daily but not at the same time.

If this is not effective within about a week, you should make an appointment with your GP, since its not likely to be a fungal or bacterial infection.