How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 48728
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Middle aged woman who has been through menapause and never

Customer Question

Middle aged woman who has been through menapause and never before in my life have been interested in masturbation and self induced orgasms, but all of a sudden for the past year or may two, I have been craving to give myself a good masturbation and really would like to experience an orgasm, have tried fingers, vibrators, rings and came up dry. Is there any pills or lubricants that would help me experience an orgasm?

Thanks so much for your time really appreciate it.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David


you should talk to your doctor about estrogen cream or vagifem vaginal prescription estrogen cream which can help decrease vaginal dryness.

you should also get your blood androgen and estrogen levels checked to make sure they are normal as well. sometime pituitary disorders can cause hormonal changes which can cause increased libido or libido changes in life. so you don't want to miss something wrong in your pituitary gland causing this libido change

let me know if you have other questions.