How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9545
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

Discomfort in right testiclle and running into lower back occasionally.

Customer Question

Discomfort in right testiclle and running into lower back occasionally. I have uncomfortable tightness in the penis and a swelling (ringlike) behind the head of the penis.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Q. What is your age?

Q. Previously diagnosed medical conditions?

Q. Are you on any medication?

Q. How long have you been having the testicular discomfort for?

Q. Do you have any burning in your urine or painful ejaculation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

58 yrs. On reflux medication only.

I have Barrets oeusificuc.

I have the discomfort on and off for a few months.

I do not have any burning but I sometimes have difficulty in holding my urine when it is time to go.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the details.

This seems like chronic prostatitis. You have lower urinary tract symptoms of urgency (failure to hold urine), prostatitis (inflammation of the prostate) often presents as pain in the lower back, testicles and the tip of the penis.
You should ideally see a Urologist for this. The prostate has a tendency to enlarge in your age group and the progression of this condition can be halted with medication.
For now, you need to have a detailed examination of the genital area, urine cultures and routine examination and semen cultures and analysis. You also require an ultrasound for the prostate to see if there is any enlargement.
Your Urologist can request further tests if required.
Prostatitis is treated with a course of antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating if satisfied.
If you have more queries, reply back.