How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I have some slight bleeding from the side of the bulbous tip

Customer Question

I have some slight bleeding from the side of the bulbous tip of my penis after sexual activity namely masturbation. I am 67 years old. Is this common?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.

I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified physician with over 20 years of clinical experience. I will help you with your question and any follow up questions you have.

If you over did it, it can be normal.

If this has only happened once.

It can also reflect a problem such as eczema, fungal infection or psoriasis, which can all occur in this area and be irritated by masturbation.

It does not sound like herpes, warts, or musculosum, but this would be best examined under magnification.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.