How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58338
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I am a 47 year old heterosexual male who just had unprotected

Customer Question

I am a 47 year old heterosexual male who just had unprotected sex with a stranger ( male ) met in a bar in Japan whilst very drunk
I think bodily fluids other than saliva were not exchanged, but of course there was sexual contact.
What should I do ?
Do I need to find a Japanese doctor to prescribe PEP ?
or I just wait one week until I return home and take then a HIV test ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Did you use a condom? Did you have anal sex with this person?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no protection

anal was given by me, but not full intercourse as the penis was not erect.

A finger was used anally by the other person


Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for this reply Tim

I would simply assume full sexual contact to be safe.

I would see a Japanese doctor right now and get evaluated for STDs and get PEP.

Waiting will make it too late.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
I noticed the relist Tim.

What questions do you have that I didn't address?

Let's keep working here until you are fully satisfied