How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12816
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

On trust me im a Dr showed a man getting ultra sound and stoppins

Customer Question

On trust me im a Dr showed a man getting ultra sound and stoppins tremor, can this procedure been done in the UK
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Yes, it can.

I found the procedure and the link you are referring to. They did this for a severe tremor and you should be able to find a study or hospital to get enrolled.

There are some useful links on this page

You can check it out and give these places a call.

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my neuro said don't do in Scotland

Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry that you have not had a response to your follow up question. The particular treatment that you are asking about is still in clinical trials. It is considered experimental for that reason. Here is a link to the company InSightec showing the location of current trials on this treatment. Unfortunately, none of them are being conducted in the UK at this time.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
Please let me know if you need any additional information about this.