How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12816
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

Afternoon Doctor, I have problems with tummy, tisturbing pain

Customer Question

Afternoon Doctor, I have problems with tummy, tisturbing
pain to serious pain, since a couple of years. It comes and goes.
GPs giving me wind tablets and advising me to watch my diet.
Nothing said really about what my problems is!
Please can you tell me if there's a specialist to go to for tests.
Thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question:

The particular specialists who would deal with this type of problem would be a gastroenterologist or a surgeon. There are a number of possible causes including inflammatory bowel disease, gallbladder problems or irritable bowel.