How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36087
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have a cast on my right foot which I am not allowed to put

This answer was rated:

I have a cast on my right foot which I am not allowed to put weight on. During the past few days the Tendon?Muscle?Ligament? running from the bottom of my thigh over the front of the right knee is so painful I cannot bend my knee easily. Please can you diagnose the problem?

Thanks XXXXX
Hi--what's the reason for the case and how long has it been on? Any swelling of your upper leg?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was diagnosed with a possible (not confirmed) fracture of a right metatasal and the backslab cast? was put on prior to further investigation next Wed (4th) when a reassessment will be made and re xray. No swelling of the upper leg although the knee is quite tender.

OK Andy--do you have any medical conditions and have you ever had any problem with the knee before?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not especially apart from the usual age related issues following a football youth! It was always weaker than the left.

Sorry for all the questions Andy but is there any swelling or warmth to the knee itself?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes a little

OK--sounds like you've developed a bursitis of that knee--inflammation of the bursal sac that surrounds a joint. Nothing too serious but it can be painful. I suggest you apply moist heat to the knee and use some ibuprofen for the pain for now until you are reevaluated next month. You may need a cortisone injection if it doesn't resolve in the next few days.
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you