How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

i have trimethylaminuria,had it since menopause,16 years ago,dr

This answer was rated:

i have trimethylaminuria,had it since menopause,16 years ago,dr wont get me a test,said no cure,so why would i want to know.i have been on tmau site,other people with tmau have taken neomycin and are pleased with results,i would like some to take over xmas,so i can go out,at the moment i try not to socilize as most foods make my body smell,its on urine underarms breath.hope you can help.dora
How do you know you have this if you have not been tested?

I understand the situation but I am not sure what your question for us is?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i know i have tmau from the smell on my body.sister had it [not diogonized] only lasted 2 years for her,also only armpits

So what is your question for us?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i was hopeing to get some antibotics so i could relax over xmas

You can not get antibiotics at a question and answer service.
Only from a doctor who has seen you in person.
Not legal to do it any other way.

What type of doctor is it that is refusing to test you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my gp

Will your gp refer you to an endocrinologist?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

said no why would i want to know,i will probly pay for it myself,sorry did think you could perscribe some antibotics for me

You can not get a legal prescription that way

How about this
The odor is not normal
Your doctor has no explanation.
It can also be from a hormone problem.
Insist on a referral to an endocrinologist since your gp has no solution.
Then you are covered.
Make sense?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok thank you

You are welcome anytime
Let me know how this goes.


Let me know if you have more questions; use reply to expert.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you