How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19328
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

can get help please. have tried so very hard and do not know

Customer Question

can get help please. have tried so very hard and do not know what to do anymore. Cannot help from NHS. I been suffering from severe depression for eight years. I am on waiting list for mind. I cannot go on anymore with this. I live my life a recluse. I worked in the corporate business for 27 years for my looks. Now I cannot leave the house. I have no family and a few friends I see sometimes like 5 months or so. Caus all I did was work. Sorry going on I so need to discuss this with someone professional.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
How can we be of assistance?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
I have tried to establish a discussion, but have not heard back.

There are many medicines that may be able to help in this situation. There are a variety of antidepressants, including medicines that selectively affect serotonin, such as sertraline or citalopram, or that affect both serotonin and norepinephrine, such as venlafaxine or duloxetine. There also are some mood stabilizers that can be used to augment the effect of the antidepressants.

Counselling also may be helpful, although different people respond more or less to counselling.

If I can provide any further information, please let me know.