How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58357
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

dear doc. kindly assist with a treatment procedure for a patient

Customer Question

dear doc.
kindly assist with a treatment procedure for a patient with staphylococcus aureus infection. there are rashes seen at the tip of libido . thanks.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

So you have a staph infection of the penis?

Have you tried antibiotics?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other
there was no space to reply the previous doctor . since yesterday I have been trying. have received alert that I have been debited but yet to be attended to. you can inbox me with any question [email protected]
kindly look into your reply part. not user friendly at all.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 years ago.
This is Dr. David

I see you relisted the question for other experts to help

you did find the reply box. you just replied above.

have you been having penile discharge?

did your doctor give you a course of antibiotics to treat your penile infection?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the reply

Generally the treatment is oral antibiotics

It depends on the type of staph

you may need to cover MRSA (a resistant staph bug)

For that, usually doxycycline or bactrim is used.

For non MRSA staph, keflex works well.