How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2418
Experience:  GP with over 27 years experience including emergency medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now

i think i am a bit to down and not sure how to get back up.

Customer Question

i think i am a bit to down and not sure how to get back up. usually a very positive person.
I am recovering from 2 years of surgeries (colon removed), i had to retire due to this illness and a horrific situation at work, my husband took good care of me after a rough start, we had planned a 6 week tour of Cambodia and Vietnam starting Dec 20, 2013 but this was put on hold (for the best to tell you the truth for many reasons) because my husband was diagnosed with cancer and is now receiving treatment in London. He is in good mind himself but i feel completely adrift.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
It will help if you could provide some further information:
How long have you been feeling down?
Have you felt this way for the entire 2 years that you have been recovering from these surgeries?
Is this affecting you in any way beyond feeling down, such as alter sleep pattern or altered appetite?
Has any medicines been tried?