How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58751
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I,ve been tolerating agoraphobia for the last five years -

Customer Question

I,ve been tolerating agoraphobia for the last five years - I don't want to go out - I've been diagnosed with Chrohns disease and Osteoporosis and so have a fear of fallling. I so much want to overcome this.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Did he offer medicine or a referral to a counselor?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. I have been put on anti-depressants in the past and tried cognitive behaviour therapy. It has been a problem for a long time but has only now become crippling. I am a very plain looking person and, of course, with age I'm not getting better looking - hate to be seen! I don't know what to do.

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for this reply Adrienne

I think you need a combination of two things

1)an SSRI medication like zoloft or paxil


The combination of the two is better than the separate parts

Your GP can give you a referral for CBT and can give you a script for medicines

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)