How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now

How do I overcome this? I am away with my wife, problems have

Customer Question

How do I overcome this? I am away with my wife, problems have been encountered and I have realised I am an addict. I masturbate frequently and chat I girls I know I shouldn't. I often watch porn too
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 4 years ago.
Dear customer

Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.First I need a little more information-

Do you mean that you have problem with erection when you are with your wife?
Is there any problem in orgasm also?
Any erection problem during masturbation?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no problems like that. I hve been messaging other girls. I have been on porn and masturbate regularly. This is causing is to almost split up. I have been reading online and I clearly have a sex addiction
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 4 years ago.
Dear customer
Thank you for replying fast.

Okay,before I answer you I want to make sure that-

You are having sex addiction
And you need a solution for that

Is that right?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. I am away travelling and not home for another two months. Everything has come to a head while away and I need to do what I can while away to try and sort myself out. When I get home I may need counselling further but I need help now to save my marriage
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 4 years ago.

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.
I am happy to help you out.

As you are having sexual addiction,it is a condition that involves the sufferer becoming excessively preoccupied with thoughts or behaviors that give a desired sexual effect.

Sex addicts, are not those who crave lots of sex. Instead, they have underlying problems -- stress, anxiety, depression, shame that drive their often risky sexual behavior.

Following treatment is recommended:

-Certified Sex Addiction Therapists are specially trained to treat sex addiction.

-Seroetoninergic (SSRI) medications that are often used to treat depressive and anxiety disorders and mood stabilizers are often helpful.

-Medications to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder or impulse control disorders may be prescribed to curb the compulsive nature of the sex addiction.

-As of now,you need to relieve your stress,anxiety & depression.

-Identify the sources of stress in your life.

-Focus on what makes you feel calm and in control.

-Get enough sleep, nourishment, and exercise

-Laugh more. Watch a funny movie, tell a joke, read the comics.

-Talk with your wife & feel comfortable.Breathe slowly, deeply, and well. Relaxation begins with slow, deep breathing from your diaphragm.

All of the little things matter & will help you greatly in coping with stress & anxiety.

It is suggested that when a person with sex addiction is engaged in sex–related activity, they are getting the highest reward in the brain system by producing dopamine, serotonin, and oxytocin. This contributes to the person becoming addicted to producing these chemicals.

I know its quite difficult to relieve your stress,but if you dedicate yourself to relive stress & remain away from porn & girls for chatting,nothing is impossible & I am sure you will be able to do as you are willing to get away from this addiction.

It would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.I hope you understand.

So best for you is to consult the psychologist/psychiatrist when you are back to home after 2 months & get the therapy/counseling sessions accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert