How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36059
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

Hi! I am a 20 year old female. I have been having bother for

This answer was rated:

Hi! I am a 20 year old female. I have been having bother for 4 years now down below. Sexual intercourse for me is painful and now I can not have sexual intercourse at all. Inside my vagina is very sore. Have been treated over the years for any infection. Doctor tells me I have vulva vestibulitous and i curently take 75mg of amatriptoline which I feel is not working. I am so fed up with all of this. Just want to be normal! Any advice would be greatful!
Hi--is the amitryptilene the only actual treatment you've had for this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes this is the only treatment ive had

OK Kayleigh. All I can do is give you my suggestions and hopefully you can ask your doctors about them. I would use a combination of an estradiol and lidocaine vaginal cream applied three times a day for six weeks along with oral neurontin. Usually that takes care of the problem for many women
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you