How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36077
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

My wife has a lump about 10cm long and 8cm wide on the front

This answer was rated:

My wife has a lump about 10cm long and 8cm wide on the front of her leg just below the knee. MRI scan indicates mainly fluid. it is painful. Any idea what it might be and what sort of specialist should she seek help from. Would it be an Orthapaedic Conultant?

Kind Regards

Ron Wenz
Hi Ron--this is bursitis--inflammation of the bursal sac that surrounds joints. She does need an orthopedic surgeon to look at it and it may need to be drained and a cortisone injection given there to clear it up
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you