How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Is it possible for me to have an appointment regarding amnesia and memory loss? I am 63 y

Customer Question

Is it possible for me to have an appointment regarding amnesia and memory loss? I am 63 years old. When I was 18 years old, a strong man hit my head very hard on the wooded floor with pillow on it, several times that made me unconscious. This resulted, that I can not remember my past, including my mum and dad.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
This is not a practice.
This is medical question and answer.

You need to see a neurologist.

You would first need to see your GP for a referral.

Why have you not done this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Because my GP wants my psychiatrist referral and my psychiatrist won't give me. Can you give me one please?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
How would we give you a referral.
This is a question and answer site, and not a practice, and you are not our patient.

Your response is not really making sense.

It is up to your GP to refer you, not your psychiatrist.

I would put this in writing, state your concerns, and ask that your GP put it into your chart for future reference.

That will probably get some action as it then becomes a legal document.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please to not forget a positive rating.