How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58382
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Hi, I have acid reflux or regurgitation, when pain

Customer Question

Hi, I have chronic acid reflux or regurgitation, when pain is at worst (more discomfort than pain) the pain seems to be located at the left lower back region, also it can affect my breathing in when also at its worst, my general fitness is good.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Lansoprazole or drugs like it are the best for this problem

However, since it is recurrent you need further investigation.

You could have an ulcer or a problem like a bacteria that is causing ulcers.

H pylori (bacteria) causes recurrent ulcers

You should have an endoscopy and tests for H pylori

I do recommend restarting lansoprazole as well.

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.