How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. SH Your Own Question
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8808
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. SH is online now

hi, i have a problem with lower back pain. i first injured

This answer was rated:

i have a problem with lower back pain. i first injured my back about 5 years ago. I simply bent down to pick something up at work and a shooting pain went all the way through me. i couldn't move well for a week and the doctor gave me anti inflammatory pills which made it go away straight away. however after this a large lump appeared in the bottom of my back which moves around a little. I then did the exact same injury a year ago but this time the pain has never gone completely and gets better and worse. the large lump is still there (maybe a bit smaller than a golf ball, and is sometimes bigger and smaller). I think I a wondering more than anything what this lump is and if it is the cause of the discomfort? should I be worried about it? thanks.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
There are many possible things that the lump could be, the most common being a lipoma. Most likely this lump has nothing to do with the pain that you are having in the back.
For the pain in the back I would strongly recommend that you have an MRI of the lower back to see exactly if there is any problem with the vertebrae in your spine or the discs in the spine that may be compressing or pinching a nerve.
Meanwhile for the pain you can continue to take the anti-inflammatories.
Let me know if you have any further questions.
Rate me for my services when you are done asking.
Kindest Regards
Dr. SH and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you