How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19318
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

my partner is Narcissism alcoholic and addicted to pain killers.....he

Customer Question

my partner is Narcissism alcoholic and addicted to pain killers.....he has no money, pension or life insurance I took him on with nothing and have been with him 13years he does work hard when he gets jobs (BUILDING WORK) I ASK FOR NOTHING BUT LOVE AND RESPECT...And now I am stuck....he has nowhere to go and no money,as we live abroad he cannot get benefits and be re homed...that's where he was when we first got together ,he refuses to go back to England.....if I gave him money it would all go on drink..he says he can,t be alone and how much he loves me ect ...he stays off drink for quite a while, and then back on it, I live in fear ,and yet feel sorry for him LOVE AND HATE I am at my wits end and cannot take this anymore, so I cannot leave my home,,and he has no where to go ???????
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry that you are going through this, but it is unclear what question you are asking.
How can we be of assistance?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do i get him to leave ?????

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
What would happen if you simply were to kick him out of the house?

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 years ago.
I have not yet received a response to the last request for further information, so will address what information is available.

There are a couple of levels of answer to how to get him to leave. The simple answer is to simply kick him out of the house. The difficulty lies with how he and you will be able to handle a difficult situation. He may refuse to leave, but you will need to insist. From your perspective, it may be necessary to seek support, either from a lay person support group, such as Al-Anon (designed for family members of alcoholics), or a dedicated counsellor. Family members and friends that have finally gotten to the point that they are ready to no longer accept the situation frequently still need support to be able to be firm throughout the situation.

If you have any further questions or need clarification, please let me know.