How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

My husband have a sore left with pain going up in

Customer Question

My husband have a sore left testicle with pain going up in to the left kidney and back.
It started with a mild pain Saturday but has slowly spread to the kidney . He has been drinking lots of water especially to day and feels better after weeing but doesnt have to wee all the time so not sure if its cystitis . The pain started a day after us having sex but I have had no symptoms. Does he need to see a doctor or just keep drinking lots of water to flush through the kidney ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 4 years ago.
He needs to see a doctor now.
Not later.
This can be infection of the testicle or next to the testicle.
It can be prostate infection.
It can be hernia.

All of these need expert treatment.
Testicular torsion can be quite an emergency, when the testicle gets twisted.

He needs exam, diagnosis and treatment right now.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [Click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.