Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I have two bulges on either side of my lower back ,over kidney,what

I have two bulges on either side of my lower back ,over kidney,what couls cause that,i am 55 years old and female.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Any pain there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No,none.

I had a massage yesterday and the Therapist said,one side seemed like scar tissue and the other side was more like a spongy lump.

Thanks for this reply

sorry about the late reply

This is likely a benign fatty tumor called a lipoma

These are common and normal

I would recommend an ultrasound to be sure

Here is some info on lipomas

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lipoma/basics/definition/con-20024646
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Sorry for delay-

Consultant just looked at it, no Ultra Sound and said that they are both Lipomas!

Thank You,

Bernadette