How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58383
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I am 62 years old. I am getting small lumps on my head which

Customer Question

I am 62 years old. I am getting small lumps on my head which if scratched then bleed.

Each lump then disappears and another appears elsewhere on my head. All lumps are in my hair area
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

These are probably a type of cyst known as a trichilemmal cyst.

They are common cysts of the hair folliicles.

They can come and go and bleed if scratched.

They are easily removable by your GP. They can go in and take them out with just a very small cut. They will heal up nicely

I recommend a simple visit to your GP. They are likely nothing to worry about.

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.