How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gupta Your Own Question
Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8240
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Gupta is online now

My 2 and half year old son had what looks like A little bubble

Customer Question

My 2 and half year old son had what looks like A little bubble type lump on his left eye almost looks as though it's a water splash (but very round and tiny) it went so didn't concern me. Now on right eye he has one on the top eye lid (I only noticed as he was rubbing his eye 3 nights ago and have seen it is slightly irritated on the outter upper lid) I have also noticed another one of these water splash bubbles on that same eye but bottom lower lid- what could this be?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can wait
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 4 years ago.
Hello & welcome!

If you have any questions after reading my answer, be sure to let me know.
From your description it is very likely that this is a viral infection causing some sort of small watery cysts,
If these increase in number or are accompanied by rashes on the body, you need to visit the pediatrician,
Otherwise these are likely to be self limited and may start reducing after a few days without any specific treatment,
Dr Gupta

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. He has 2 at the moment and one in each eye... He also had a stye which is calming down although his upper eye lid looks slightly irritated what should I do?
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 4 years ago.
I would like the child to be physically examined since the exact diagnosis is not clear,
In the meantime, I would recommend warm fomentation, and possibly application of Refresh tears in the affected eye to reduce the irritation and rubbing.
In case of significant swelling, a trial of Ibuprofen syrup may be useful as well,
Dr Gupta, MD