How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58357
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Fluid on knee moved down to calf muscle ,had scan no dvt but

Customer Question

Fluid on knee moved down to calf muscle ,had scan no dvt but bakers cyst best way to reduce fluid please regards Lee
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

The best way to reduce fluid is an acronym RICE


2)I=ice. Ice down the area for 15 minutes 3 times a day

3)C=compression. A knee brace or bandage wrap

4)E=elevation. Raise the leg above the ground whenever possible

Also, ibuprofen for inflammation

A steroid shot from your GP can help if this doesn't

I hope this helps.

If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.