How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58350
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Hello, By what I believe to be called the Perineal raphe,

This answer was rated:


By what I believe to be called the Perineal raphe, not far from the anus, there is a small yellow looking lump. It may just be the skin as the area is fairly bumpy. Is this normal? I am a male, 28. I do sometimes suffer from itching so thought it might be skin irritation as I am aware that I have had anal fissures before by perfectly matching up symptoms.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Can you attach a pic?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attached is a cropped photo of the area in question. Thanks.

yes, that looks normal to me Steve
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX yellow looking bump on the left of the photo is nothing to worry about?

I think that is nothing. cyst at the worst
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would you recommend that I get it checked out if it could be a cyst?



You should get it checked but I'm 99% sure its benign
Dr. Phil, MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you