How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58320
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Hi, I am asking for my husband, the last week or so he has

Customer Question

I am asking for my husband, the last week or so he has had a pain at the base of his penis, where his penis joins his body, he says it almost feels as thou it hurts towards one testicle, there are no lumps that he can feel, the pain is a bit like a burning, jabbing pain that comes and goes very randomly through the day. It does not last very long he said that tonight there was some pain after he urinated, do you think this sounds like anything to worry about? 4 years ago he had a circumcision as he had phimosis, he doesn't really gave any other symptoms of a water infection either, I'm going to get him an appointment tomorow at the doctors but would like to know what you think.
Thanks jackie
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

any fever or chills?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi , no there isn't any fever or chills he feels well in himself . Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 years ago.
He has a urinary tract infection or an infection of the testicle called orchitis

It will need antibiotics

His doctor should run a urine sample. Should be an easy fix