How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

I am a 47 year old women. I suffer from Bi-polar and I am also

This answer was rated:

I am a 47 year old women. I suffer from Bi-polar and I am also an alcoholic. I have attended rehab in the past but my addiction is still taking over my life. I want to stop but can't.
What is your question for us?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, I have no money left and I am worried about my children. Can I get NHS assistance for my addiction?


You need to see your GP.
Your GP can handle the medical aspect but can refer you to a psychologist and or psychiatrist/addition medicine specialist.

A combination approach is best
Your GP
Psychologist or psychiatrist.
Group meetings such as 12 steps.
Nutrition and exercise.

NHS should help with most, if not all of this.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions. [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you