How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49156
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

i have a painful bump under the skin of my

This answer was rated:

i have a painful bump under the skin of my penis
Hi--how long have you had it and any redness or rash to the skin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've had it for three weeks now and it's gradually got bigger.


The skin on and around the lump is really red but no rash.

Colin--could you post a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry Colin--that didn't go through. Can you post it on Photobucket, Snapfish, or Imageshack and give me the link?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not really I'm not very computer savvy. Thank you anyway I'll arrange an appointment with my GP and see what they have to say.


Thanks again.

This is Dr. David

I see the other expert has opted out

here are instuctions to how to upload a photo here

type a word in the textbox and highlight it

then select the "chain" icon above the textbox or the paper clip icon to upload a jpg

this opens a window where you can click next to the text box to select the jpg or pdf file on your computer to upload into JustAnswer

do you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is Dr. David

thanks for the photo

wow, it does look large and red

this could be a subaceous cyst or a fordcyte spot or a skin abscess or infection

it looks like it is on the underside of the penis

you should see your doctor about it

you might need a course of antibiotics and an ultrasound of the area to see if it is solid or filled with fluid

your doctor might even refer you to see a urologist as well.

bacteria or fungal infections can cause this.

I hope it is not itchy or painful

but do make an appointment to see your GP about it

let me know if you have questions.
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 49156
Experience: Board Certified Physician
Dr. David and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you