Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have concerns that I have a haemarroid (or worse) - can someone

I have concerns that I have a haemarroid (or worse) - can someone quickly view the picture and confirm? I have had the same feeling before and it went away after a few weeks by itself....what should I be doing?
Hi--can I please see the photo?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have 'forced' things out and eaten a lot of spicy food, I don't have a lot of fibre in my diet.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I I do by habit wipe my anus with dry paper and i wipe until there is nothing left which i guess irritates it a bit.

David--definitely haemorrhoids and for now you can try soaking in warm water with epsom salts and using preparation H or another cortisone cream. You also need a stool softener (over the counter) and plenty of fluids. These usually resolve in a few days but if not have a doctor take a look since you may need something called banding which is sort of a rubber band place around the base of the vein if it becomes clotted
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I havent used anything and I've had it for a week or so, do you mean prep H, stool softener and it will go in a few days?? Does it look like its clottted ??

If these are hard feeling and not squishy then they probably are clotted. You can try gently pushing them back in and try the prep H and sometimes that will take care of things
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its hard to tell really...they seem soft enough. but if they are clotted is that bad if i push them back in>? its not clotted as in cancer clot right? thanks for ur help by the way. I don't have any cream at the moment and its late at night here, can I use E45 for tonight or not really?

No not bad if you can get them back in since that will help resolve them in time. No--just a blood clot in the veins--that's what haemorrhoids are, just swollen veins and not cancer at all The E45 is fine for tonight David. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

cheers mate.