Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine

I have asthma for longer than ten years am taking serevent

I have asthma for longer than ten years am taking serevent 25mcg two puffs twice a day with beclasone 250 mcg two puffs three times a day.Two months ago Spiriva 2mcg was added but due to prostate problems my doctr prescribed singulair 10mg at night,I still have wheezing,tight chest with shallow breathing.
Currently take 200mg lamictal a day, 150mg Effexor(depression),januvia 100mg,diamicron 30mg,metformin 1500mg (diabetes)) a day,verapamil 250mg and tenoretic 25mg per day(hypertension), and Lipitor 20mg,
I would be grateful if you could suggest a
new alternative treatment plan or add a new drug to my current therapy.
I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.
L Loucas

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There are a few things that can be done to improve your wheezing:

Dr. Shahzad MD :

1. The dose of beclosone can be increased.
2. Long acting theophylline can be added here.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

3. If this does not work out then you will require oral prednisone or oral steroid in a low dose to help control your wheezing.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would strongly recommend that you follow up with a chest medicine specialist if you are not already doing so.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

This session is open for any number of further follow up questions that you may have.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards

I tried the live chat services but could not connect with you.
I have answered your question above. Let me know if you have any further questions. Rate me for my services when you are done.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the information you gave me about my condition.

Please can you recommend a long acting Theophylline drug by name dose and strength.Also how long for can I take PREDNISONE AND AT WHAT SRENGTH

thanking you

L Loucas

Nuelin SA (theophylline long acting) 250 mg twice daily, may start at a dose of 125 mg twice daily and gradually increase the 250 mg twice daily if that does not work.

Prednisolone is started at a dose of 5 mg one tablet twice daily.

You would have to continue these medications long-term.
The best thing to do is to do all this in close consultation and follow-up of your doctor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your helpful advice on my asthma treatment.

I would like to ask you if there is a better treatment than my serevent/beclasone, with alternative inhaled corticosteroid/bronchodialator drug therapy,and if there is what is it.

I am kindly asking this so that I could find a much simpler and more effective treatment.

Tanking you, I look forward to hearing from you.

L Loucas

Unfortunately there is not a more effective treatment currently.
You can make this treatment more effective if you use a spacer.