Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Hi I have had a lip reduction surgery three months ago and

I have had a lip reduction surgery three months ago and nose surgery at the same time. since then I started to have severe chapped dry lips. nothing seems to work with it although my doctor keeps repeating that these will be settled in few more months.
I really feel depressed and don't know what to do and why I stated having this problem.
many thanks
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

Have vitamin and mineral deficiencies been checked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Before surgery I had blood test and it was good. I never had this problem before. No I did not do this check up
Thank you Sara.

It could be related to the surgery and in that case it should pass over time.

however, I would recommend checking labs.

Thyroid, B12 deficiency, anemia

These are all things that can cause this.

If they are normal, I recommend using calendula for your lips. It is a natural lip balm that works well.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.