Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States

wh at are the effects of stopping clonazepan

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

This medication cannot be stopped abruptly

You need to wean off it slowly

Seizures can happen if stopped abruptly

side effects of stopping it also include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, anxiety, depression, agitation
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank-you I have had all the symptoms you described when Clonazepan was stopped last week I should have known it should not be stopped just like that I have had several falls and two hypos since stopping this I have Myasthenia Gravis and was prescribed this for Night mares

You're welcome

I'm sorry this happened to you

yes, it should be dropped by about 25% per week

That is usually what I do

Please don't forget a positive rating.

I appreciate it.
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)