How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65671
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am mum 7 year old boy. His

Customer Question


My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am mum 7 year old boy. His school did for them scared creative work When he went to the school the teacher said in school was robbery the man came with the mask stolen the charity money and laptop from office in the same time the teacher was in a office. Some child ask the teacher if this was real and the teacher said yes.
After that the teacher took the children to the CCTV room and they watch on CCTV this robbery. My son was terrified and fear him paralyzed. When he come back to home he was scare to stay self in his room he told he is scared because some one can come to our house and takes him because teacher sat in a office and the robber came and took money and laptop. He woke up in the night sweaty and he must sleep with us.
Next morning I told to his teacher whats really happened in school because my son is very bad condition. She just told me she speaks with children in a lesson. After that I rang to the Headteacher for booking appointment and after that the school send email to all parent it wasn't really it was fake. It was creative for writing work. I really don't understand how they were not responsibility to did something like that.
I have question what do you thing what can I do with this case and how help my son overcome fear and what he need now. I explain for him everything and I answered for all his questions. He is now better but still he doesn't want to be self in his room. He feels better when the headteacher said it wasn't true. How can I trust the school now?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Medically speaking, you can take your son to a child psychologist.

You will need a referral from his GP.
Has he seen the GP?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.



Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 years ago.
Well, you should stop trying to fix this just by yourself.

A child psychologist can give him techniques to deal with his fears, even at age 7. In fact, it will probably be easier to do this now, rather than wait until later.

It will most likely get better on its own, but not always, and seeing a therapist will help him get all the way better, much faster.

Your family GP should be able to do the referral.

I would have the psychologist also write a letter to the school, going over recommendations to help him with this at school.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions [click reply to expert].
Please do not forget a positive rating [hopefully you will click an excellent; or come back to ask me more as needed].