How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58320
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Hi Im really worried for my 63 yo mother. Firstly I should

Customer Question

Hi I'm really worried for my 63 yo mother. Firstly I should mention that one kidney has now collapsed and the other is working overtime. She is on high blood pressure tablets and water tablets but over the last 6 month she has started getting gout in her wrists. It started maybe once a month and gradually got more progressive. She is a tough lady who has worked everyday she can. But this last month it has really took hold twice a week in alternative hands reducing her to tears. On Monday night the last episode was so bad she was rushed to hospital and put on a drip, given morphine and various other bits. Her local doctors are all trying to mask the problem and just trying to change her medication but my mum has said she can't take the pain anymore. She ain't suicidle but has lost faith with getting past around. We want to know if there is anything they could do privately that they can't do on NHL and stop treating her like a number. Please try and help her
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Some medicine can trigger gout

Can you tell me all her medicines?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi this is going to be useless from my behalf as I don't have the precise names with me right now as I'm in a different place. I do do know that her water tablets do cause gout but if she stops taking them then she does get water retention in her ankles. She has said she going to try cherry juice and other bits found on Google though
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
I would ask the doctor for a medicine called colchicine

it works very well for gout
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.