How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4829
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

Discharge care order?

Customer Question

Discharge care order?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

Hi, whats your question?

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : When can I discharge care orders for my children who are currently in care of the LA?
Dr. K. :

What is the La? You are going to need to give more explanation please

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Sorry can I explain
JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Sorry can I explain.?
JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Hi are you online?
Dr. K. :

I am here You dont need to rate bad service. Just let me know your question. Your children are under care of the local authorities. How old are they?

Dr. K. :

Are you getting them back or do you want to discharge your care to the local authorities?

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Sorry I pressed the wrong rate I apologise
Dr. K. :

A care order can only be discharged by the court with your permission

Dr. K. :

Let me know the answer to the above question

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Yes it has been six months they had care orders I have six children four longterm fostering two placement orders
Dr. K. :

So you want the order to end and you want to assume care of them. You have to do that with the court

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : When will be right time?
Dr. K. :

Theres no time frame. If you are ready to assume care and do not need help any more, you can do that. It may not be in your best interest to do so until they are 18 if you still need help

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : The social services conducted a serious case review on my family. It's stated where they clearly failed to support me and my children
Dr. K. :

Who petitioned for the court order, you or the local authorities

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Local authorities?
Dr. K. :

Who petitioned for the court order

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : LA
Dr. K. :

ok then you need to make application with the court to end it

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Can the LA offer me the right support to keep my children together in my care?
Dr. K. :

I think you are best off listing your question in legal,, why dont you close this one and do that?:)

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Can SCR can be used against the LA when I apply back to court?
JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : ok thanks
Dr. K. :

I think you need to list your question in legal. :) Its not really medical

JACUSTOMER-l173momt- : Thank you
Dr. K. :

Sure Good luck