How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58383
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

Hi, am suffering from penile pain....i took several antiboitics

This answer was rated:

am suffering from penile pain....i took several antiboitics but it dint work its been 8 month now battling with this infection i need an expert that will advise and guide me on what to do..
is it too late for me to get treated?
will the antiboitics i took create resistance to further treatment?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

What triggers the pain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i had oral sex then two weeks later i started experiencing pains on a particular spot on the head of my penis some find below the detailed history..we lack doctors attention in my country thats why i choose to follow this link hope u will be able to help me


I woke up one morning and experienced some pain on a particular spot around the head of my penis, I ignore it for two days but it persist, it later develop high sensitivity on one side around the head of the penis, it made it painful if any material rub against the head of the penis. I went to a hospital and the doctor asked if I have ever seen any form of discharge from the tip of the penis I said NO he prescribed the following drugs for me.

  1. Penicillin injection (IM) start.

  2. Ciprofloxacin for 10 days

  3. Doxycycline for two weeks 100mg

  4. Metronidazole

After four days of taking the drugs I felt sick feverish weakness.

after one week, the sickness persisted , I was advised to drop some drugs maybe it’s a side effect. So I stopped doxycycline and metronidazole.

Two weeks later, I visited another clinic and suggested for a test, They took urine sample for VDLR test but the test yield negative result. Hydrocortisone was prescribed to apply on the infected area suspecting a fungal infection.

Few weeks later I observed a colorless discharge after I finished urinating.. I went back to the doctor and explained the recent development with the old symtoms still active he pays less attention suspecting psychological trauma he prescribed some sleeping pills which I ignored to take.

After like a month the condition was increasingly deteriorating with all the previous symptoms the penis started shirinkin and becoming small with extra skin and become very tender with a lot of weakness in my body stomach upset some times I barely go to work. I consulted another doctor, the following drugs where prescribed.

1 afloxacin for two weeks

2 Argumentum

3 Metronidazole

4 gestid.

Byocotem ointment

The discharge stops after some days of the treatment but the remaining symptoms still active, the entire length of the penis some times picks up a disturbing pain. After two weeks of completing the last treatment the discharge returns.

After a month I took Zithromax… still no improvement….

I later went for a SWAB TEST the culture yields strepp app which I think is the short form of streptococcus with the list of sensitive antibiotics for the bacteria, among the list of the sensitive drugs the doctor choose gentamicin injection(IM) for seven days, I got some relief for two weeks aftrer the treatment, but the discharge returns after two weeks of the treatment

Another swab sample was taken the same result was revealed, levofloxacin was choosing among the list of the sensitive antibiotics for 14 days, the discharge stops immediately I started the treatment but after three weeks of the treatment the discharge returns….


1 Discharge after passing urine

2 Pain around the head of the penis

3 Irritation when hard material rub against the head of the penis like jeans

4 Pain after ejaculation

5 cold testicles bag and the head of the penis especially in the night.

5 moist on the testicle bag especially in the night.

6 ulcers in my mouth OFF and ON

7 some rash at the back of my shoulders

8 Penis Tenderness and shirnking

this is known as chronic prostatitis

This is inflammation of the prostate and surrounding structures

There is no more infection left.

I recommend a combination of anti inflammatories like ibuprofen and a drug called tamsulosin. this should help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok Dr.

is there any comfirmatory test u will recommend for me? the swab test result isolate streptacacus infection... could that be true?

No that was probably a contaminant. And the massive amounts of antibiotics you have taken definitely took care of it.

The confirmatory test is to see a urologist and have him examine your prostate
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok the discharge am seing after passing urine? could it be somthin else?

the drug u recommended will it take care of the tenderness and shirinkage of the penis?


Yes, it could be something else

It is probably just from prostate inflammation

Likely prostate fluid

yes the two meds will help
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if i may ask wht is this prostate u are talking about?

It is an organ that nourishes sperm

Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok never mind doctor......


I gave you a diagnosis and treatments

You have a place to start

would you be so kind as to rate me positive? I appreciate it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

one more qestion doc. wht is with the mouth ulcers am having? wht could probabbly cause it? am havin this for queit sme tym now off and on

I think that is just a coincidence

These are likely canker sores

They are induced by a virus.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does that mean i may have some virus acting on my system?

no just in the mouth
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

any test and treatment for that?

There is no treatment other than topical analgesics

These are very common and nothing to worry about

Make sure you have your GP confirm this as something like this is difficult to diagnose without an exam

please don't forget a positive

I appreciate it
Dr. Phil, MD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)