How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4826
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now

hi morning my name is XXXXX XXXXX 33 years old from Trinidad

Customer Question

hi morning my name is XXXXX XXXXX 33 years old from Trinidad and Tobago i grew up in a single parent home,ive been throught alot off emotional stresses in mylife time but i truly over come alot.i really need some advise.I started dating a 37 year old ex cop now engineering student but boy i thought i had post tramatic disorder i was wrong.I find it really difficult to communicate with him when ever am around him he is totally withdrawn when am not around he text me saying i love you i love you.but when am in the house he tells me to shut up after one sentence.he treaten to kill me and my family i got my own in beauty he wants me to close the shop down and open the business in his home.he studies twice a week he goes to class the rest of the days he stay at home to take care of his 86 year old grandmother.his sibbling is one sister whom he dont speak to over property dispute.his father dont talk to him because the father abuse the mom and they had a fight.the mom only speak to him when the father is not all he has really is his granmom he told me today if his gran dies he will kill me. what to do am really afraid but i want to hel him i ask him for us to get councelling he said no hi said that he is smarter than the counceller.also we had planned to get marry on the 10th of april 2014 now am having a change of heart.i really need some advise is it safe or not.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 3 years ago.

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today. Hello Nevaeh. This is a very unsafe situation for you. It is called domestic violence and is abuse. You should not marry this man and should not stay with him. In the early stages of a relationship, abuse may not come out. As the relationship progresses, the abuser becomes more and more controlling and dangerous. This link will show you how the behavior you describe is abuse. It is also the link to the National Domestic Violence talk and chat line. Get in touch with them as soon as possible.