How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Robert Your Own Question
Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 6680
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Robert is online now

I seem to be having my third since the 12 th march am

This answer was rated:

I seem to be having my third period since the 12 th march am begioning to panic thats wrong with me?
Dear customer

Welcome to and thank you for your question.
I'm so sorry to hear of your discomfort. I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions .First I need a little more information-

Do you have previous history of such irregularity/repeat periods in a cycle?
Any tests done so far?
Do you have any known medical illness?

I am waiting for your reply..
Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no normally regular within a few days. no other illness no tests done

Dear customer,
Thank you for providing quick additional info.

The symptoms of having more then one period in a cycle you are having can be due to various causes like:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS)/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels.

A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

Stress is a common cause of such symptoms.

As you had the 3rd period since 12th march,this is not normal.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you