How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 19334
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now

My son has a broken jaw in two places due to a sporting injury,

Customer Question

My son has a broken jaw in two places due to a sporting injury, my local A&E directed my son to attend another hospital which is 25+ miles away from our home. The hospital in question has the facilities to carry out the repair of the jaw. My son has been in the hospital since Friday 04 April 2014 and has still not had the operation. Every time he is due to go down to theatre they tell us that an Emergency has come in and my sons operation is cancelled. He was told last night at 20:00 hrs that he was going down to surgery, this was also cancelled he was told again at 22:00 hrs that he would be going down to surgery, but once again this was cancelled.

How do I complain or try to get the operation carried out, as the situation is now getting uncontrollable.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry that your son is having such difficulty.

The next step would be to complain to someone in administration of the hospital. On a weekend, the administration offices are frequently closed, but you can ask if there is someone from administration that is on-call with whom you can discuss the situation. Another option would be to ask to speak to the highest ranking nursing officer that is in the hospital. Different hospitals may use different titles, but frequently is called the Nursing Supervisor.