Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Circumcision at 10 years old. Now 21 Discolouration on

Circumcision at 10 years old. Now 21

Discolouration on penis (dark red as pictured) for as long as I can remember. Should I be concerned about this (infection) or is it normal. Can this be improved?

http://tinypic.com/r/2dhzjwz/8

Dr. K. :

Hello, this is Dr K.. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a doctor/patient relationship. I look forward to helping you today.

Dr. K. :

This looks like postinflammatory hyperpigmentation. I wonder if you were circumcised due to problems with infection or inflammation. It may be the case, since you were circumcised at age 10. It is just a color change and nothing to be concerned about. Its the underlying pigmentationof the skin and cannot be changed. You may be able to seek the consultation of a dermatologist for laser therapy options to lighten it.

Customer:

Thanks for your help. It has certainly put my mind at ease