How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36068
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

I have a wart like spot on my neck not painful and similar

This answer was rated:

I have a wart like spot on my neck not painful and similar to just a small peace of skin ..its been there a wile and I notice my mum has the same sort of thing ..what is it
Hi--any chance of posting a photo on this page?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi there to be honest its very difficult as im alone at the moment .....I also have one of these on the shaft of my penis its been there several months and is the same it does not itch or anything it has stayed exactly the same and there is just one

No problem Wayne. So is this a fixed thing on the surface of the skin or is it more like a tag or a comma like thing that sort of wobbles off the skin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its like a small pimple but with out a head it reminds of like a sty.,, we call it.,,,,,, that you get on your eye,,,, it is fixed and it doesn't irritate or hurt its just not very attractive if a woman seen it ...and like I said I have a similar thing on my neck

OK Wayne. Neither of these sounds like a wart and the one on your penis doesn't sound like a venereal wart at all. They both are probably just benign cysts and nothing to worry about. That said, these don't usually just disappear on their own and the only treatment for them is either freezing or cauterizing by a doctor--perhaps a dermatologist. So if you're bothered by them, you need to have a doctor take a look.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you as im out in the dessert in Kuwait just now but will be near a pharmacist soon is there anything I could purchase that I could try ???

You could try tretinoin cream three times a day--sometimes that can actually get rid of these Wayne
Dr. Chip and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you