How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 35549
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

what is the normal pulse for a 93 year old man

This answer was rated:

what is the normal pulse for a 93 year old man

Hi--and we can continue after this if you'd like--normal is not a very good term here, but the average resting heart rate for a man of that age would be somewhere between about 68 and 75
Dr. Chip and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would you say hat my pulse rate is too high

Well, can you tell me more like what your blood pressure is and if your heart rate is on average over 100 Douglas? Any medical conditions and do you take any medications? And is your pulse regular without any palpitations or skipped beats?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


heart rate varies from 75-112

have type 2 diabetes

medicine for high blood pressure,hiatus hernia ,arthritic neck

pulse is regular

OK. How often and for how long is your pulse above the 100 range? Is your doctor aware of this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

for the last 48 hours,and was between 90-95 for the 4 days prior to that

OK Douglas. There's obviously something going on here. You might be having an arrhythmia problem like atrial fibrillation or something called paroxysmal atrial tachycardia. That said, it could be an electrolyte problem, especially with your potassium level. While I don't think it's signalling a potential heart attack on the way, I worry about this, so you need to call your doctor right away. You need an EKG and blood work to start with.