How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58756
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have a toothache but I am experiencing pain in my ears and

This answer was rated:

I have a toothache but I am experiencing pain in my ears and throat. I was prescribed metronidazole since Monday and I am still in pain. What should I do?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Are you experiencing any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No my face just seems to be slightly swollen

This is not the correct antibiotic

You like have a tooth infection that went into sinuses

You need augmentin to go with it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am allergic to penicillin would still be okay to take augmenting and if so does it have to be prescribed.

No you can't take it

In that case you need clindamycin
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much!


Please don't forget a positive rating

I appreciate it
Dr. Phil, MD and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for feedback. Thank you. :) Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)