How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58354
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have suffered with sinutius for 5 years now. I have tried

Customer Question

I have suffered with sinutius for 5 years now. I have tried every possible thisng to reduce the runny nose and itchy eyes and constant sneezing. I have read online that strep A could be the cause for sintius? I am wondering why GP would not test for this? Is it possible to get treated.

2 years ago I was suppose to get pollops removed in nose however operation never went ahead as I had coldsore at the time and Doc said he could not operate. I was glad I never went through with it as I think I can be treated some other way, its a matter of getting the right Diagnosis. I am wondering do I ask GP for Blood test for Strep a testing? and if it ithis is it treatable?

Kind Regards
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Hi there. Still need help?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What information do you require
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hi Brenda

Strep A doesn't really cause this.

There is a condition called AFRS that can

It is a fungal overgrowth in the sinuses

Here is a link on it to explore
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.