How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 9868
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

The fore skin on my is very tight and it is sometimes

This answer was rated:

The fore skin on my penis is very tight and it is sometimes uncomfortable when having sex but very painful if we try and pull it back. I would be so grateful for any advice you are able to offer me.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.

Is there any redness and itching on the foreskin?

Is there any discharge from underneath the foreskin?

Are you circumsized?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It has only now registered with me that there has been a little redness on the fore skin at the top of my penis for at least 15 years, when becoming aroused. It never bothered me before at all so I thought no more about it. Now that, lets say, my long-term partner wishes to pull the fore skin down as far as possible during some of our love-making activities, it is difficult to cope with the pain it causes me despite the pleasure for both her and myself.


With regard to any discharge from underneath the fore skin, I am not sure what you mean. However, I believe that whilst the fore skin has been pulled back, a slight covering of whatever has appeared on the top of my penis as if I had already made love when I did not.


I am not circumsized. The idea of it frightens me but, if it solves the problem my partner and I will reap the benefits which means I WILL go for it if required.

Thanks for the detailed reply, Dave.

This seems like Phimosis along with few signs of balanitis as well.
Phimosis isn't usually a problem unless it's associated with symptoms such as redness, soreness or swelling. Surgery may be needed in cases where an adult has severe or persistent balanitis or balanoposthitis that causes their foreskin to be painfully tight, which is true in your case.
Circumcision (surgically removing the foreskin) may be considered but it carries risks such as bleeding and infection. Therefore, it's not recommended as a first line treatment but is sometimes the best and only option.
Alternatively, surgery to release the adhesions (areas where the foreskin is stuck to the glans) may be possible. This will preserve the foreskin but may not always prevent the problem recurring. You can decide this with your doctor/Urologist. This is a potentially curable condition and the quality of life will be increased manyfold in your case. So, I suggest that you consider circumcision as a viable option.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
If you have more queries, reply back.
Dr Uzair and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I thank you for confirming everything that I believed already regarding my situation, which is not the end of the world anyway.


Just so you know, circumcision is out of the question but your other solution, which I had already considered, is the only option in this case. I will be consulting my local GP ASAP.


The £26 consultancy fee is worth every penny because I now know what I have to do to sort the problem out, if possible.


Thank you so much.