How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36167
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX , im 59, i have a problem with my

This answer was rated:

hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX , im 59, i have a problem with my penis ,it curves away, rather unusually to the left , i want to know is this a normal , or abnormal thing. only when i have an erection, could i get medical attention for this problem, thank you mr burns
Hi Mr Burns--nice to meet you. A few questions first please. How long has this been going on and is there a curve in the shaft itself or does your penis just angle left from where it first exits your pelvis. And are we talking about your erect penis?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi , yes it is when the penis is erect, and im worrying that there a proper blue flow, or this could be a mental block thing, yes it is half way up the penis, time it has been happening around about 18 months,

OK, This isn't a blood flow problem and it certainly isn't a mental block. It sounds like you have Peyronie's disease which is a hard plaque that forms in the tunica--the wrapping around your penis just under the skin. It can be caused by a previous injury to the penis but not always. Not cancer but it can keep progressing and cause problems with intercourse. It can be treated with penile injections of medications like verapamil but that has to be done by a Urologist. So I suggest you get a Urology referral and let him evaluate and treat this
Dr. Chip and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you