How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Chip Your Own Question
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 36092
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Chip is online now

i have had painful joints for years which are now severe i

This answer was rated:

i have had painful joints for years which are now severe i had a shoulder repair in sept 13 this has failed to work my doctor is trying to get me urgent appointment as im in constant pain my bloods etc are now up a left as well
Hi--sorry about all that but I'm a little uncertain about what your question is?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am asking what can be wrong with me my legs etc carry a lot of inflamtion and the pains keep me up at night

OK Karen, What tests and studies have you had for this problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am being sent to a neurologist i have numberous scans and xrays which come back wear and tear on back and joints i am getting deopressed because i cant get an answer

I understand. Have you had an autoimmune screen and a screen for heavy metal toxicity (lead and mercury)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if this is done threw blood tests then yes have had full bloods done and results show that my system is high in levels and low in iron have been put on folic acid today

Sorry Karen--high in what levels?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i am not sure only that i am low in blood and carring inflamation and that my kidney and liver were low and i cannot remember what else only that my doctor is to scared to give me any more medication

OK Karen. Let me ask you this--have you seen a rheumatologist a out this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no i have only consulted with hospital requarding my shoulder i have attended physio he discharged me as he feels he cant do no more all i want is for this terrible pains to stop

I understand Karen. If you had an MRI of the spine can you tell me exactly what that report said?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it just said i was nearly 2 on the scale so i dont have really soft bones all i want is what can i do to stop these joint pains

Stick with me Karen--that's a scan to look for osteoporosis and not an MRI scan of the spine--have you not had one of those?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes they just said it showed wear and tear

OK Karen--and we can continue after this if you need to. You need to see a rheumatologist for more blood work and MRI's of your affected joints. This sounds like you have an autoimmune disorder like polyarthralgia or rheumatoid arthritis and if that's the case, medications like prednisone, methotrexate, and biologics like Enbrel or Humira can be very effective for your pain
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

can you please tell me what autoimmune disorder is

It's when your body's immune system goes a little haywire and attacks your tissues as though they were foreign bodies like antibodies attack bacteria. The medications I mentioned are designed to calm down that reaction.
Dr. Chip and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you