How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 58325
Experience:  GP in the United States
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now

I have had unprotected with a new partner. I ma 56 years

Customer Question

I have had unprotected sex with a new partner. I ma 56 years old, and since then I have had burning sensation down below. I don't want to visit a sexual health clinic in my area or my GP as I am very embarrassed. Can you give me any advice?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

I know this is embarassing but there really is no other option. I would go to the sexual health clinic. They deal with things like this every day.

You could have an STD or urinary tract infection.

Not getting tested will only make things worse.

I think you need to swallow your pride and go in. There is no other way
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 years ago.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.